Should your child require medication to be administered while at school, the following measures must be taken in accordance with requirements under the Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA):
- Only medication prescribed by a physician can be administered.
- Medication must be in the original container bearing the pharmacy label, the child’s name, the name of the drug, the date of purchase and the dosage prescribed.
- Parent/guardian must complete the MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM giving the staff member permission to administer medication to the child. This form is available from the Main Office.
- Any unused medication will be returned to the parent in the original container.
- Expired drugs of any type must not be administered under any circumstances.
- Vitamins are considered drugs and therefore require a schedule of administration and recording on the MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM.
- No children will be permitted to administer their own medication.