This program statement is consistent with the Minister of Education’s policy statement on programming and pedagogy issued under subsection 55 (3) of the CCEYA (Child Care Early Years’ Act) and shall review the program statement at least annually for this purpose as follows:
In keeping with the Minister’s policy statement of programming and pedagogy as outlined in the document ‘How Does Learning Happen?’, Enquiring Minds Montessori Casa programming reflects a view of children as being competent, capable, curious and rich in potential.
The following goals guide Enquiring Minds Montessori Casa program for children and will be implemented to:
- promote the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of the children.
- support positive and responsive interactions among the children, parents, child care providers and staff;
- encourage the children to interact and communicate in a positive way and support their ability to self-regulate;
- foster the children’s exploration, play and inquiry;
- provide child-initiated and adult-supported experiences;
- plan for and create positive learning environments and experiences in which each child’s learning and development will be supported;
- incorporate indoor and outdoor play, as well as active play, rest and quiet time, into the day, and give consideration to the individual needs of the children receiving child care;
- foster the engagement of and ongoing communication with parents about the program and their children;
- involve local community partners and allow those partners to support the children, their families and staff;
- support staff or others who interact with the children at Enquiring Minds Montessori Casa in relation to continuous professional learning;
- document and review the impact of the strategies set out in above on the children and their families. The Principal shall ensure that all new staff, students and volunteers review the program statement prior to interacting with children and at any time when the program statement is modified and annually thereafter. Enquiring Minds Montessori Casa shall ensure that the approaches set out in its program statement are implemented in the operation of its program.
Our school is among the most spacious pre-school in Toronto. We offer rich and varied environments from individual activity tables to open floor areas that promote interaction; including an outdoor science and play area to our 4500 square ft. gross motor skills and indoor playroom. Each of these environments invites exploration, and in total, fully meets the developmental needs of young children. Nearly everything within our walls is child-sized. Children “work” with authentic new Montessori materials including a wide range of high-quality, age appropriate materials – objects such as wooden geometric solids, textured fabrics, and glass beads, to name just a few. All of our materials are designed to be self-teaching, our children learn to solve problems, see natural connections in knowledge, learn skills related to practical living, and therefore, expand their imaginative thinking. Further, our students benefit by a complete range of extracurricular activities from art, language, music and movements classes.